Marketing your business is the key to success, but many new entrepreneurs have no idea how to begin. They start on their business, develop their concept, and even build a website. Then comes the crunch, how to market their brand new business. It is not really so hard when you understand the basic principles of marketing.
One of the basic principles is to make sure you are promoting your business to the right market. Analyze your market well, understand exactly what websites they will go to, and which publications they are interested in. You will then know where to advertise. Do proper keyword research for your niche market and you will be able to submit to the search engines and do pay-per-click advertising like Google Awards.
Once you understand your market, you can then put some basic internet marketing to work for you. Here are 5 easy ways to market your business:
1. Search engine submission: optimize your website and submit it to the search engines. This will bring you many highly qualified visitors. They have been searching for your products and services so be warm and ready to buy visitors with high sales conversions.
2. Google Awards: Again, you will get much targeted visitors from a Google Awards campaign. It depends on your choosing well targeted keywords. Read the tutorials carefully and be sure that you understand click to sales conversions. You can have as many campaigns as you want. It is very important to keep a watchful eye on your campaigns.
3. Article distribution: This is the easiest and most cost effective way to bring good quality traffic to your site. You can have a set of articles written or write them yourself and then use them for article distribution. This promotion will accomplish 2 things. One will be bringing traffic to your site; they will either buy or subscribe to your newsletter. Secondly, you will build many back links to your site. These are very valuable as these links will help you increase your Page Rank with Google and get better placement in all the search engines.
4. Blogging: Blogging is a fun way to promote your business and again, it is either free or costs you very little. You can make a blog on blogger.com; this is Google’s own blogging site so you will be crawled regularly by the Google bots. This means that when you link your blog to new content at your site, you can be included in the Google search engine in a matter of days. Remember to keep your blogs short, interesting, and targeted to your niche market.
5. Joint Ventures: Many marketers have done very well with these free promotions. Basically this is how they work; you have a product, but your list is either very small or nonexistent. You contact publishers with big lists to sell your product for a commission. Of course you will need to sweeten the pot for these publishers when you write your proposal letter. You will also need to be sure that your product is highly desirable for their subscribers.